Friendship Festival 2019 – Heartland
8:30 am - 1:30 pm
LocationOrange City Christian School
We are excited to host the first Heartland Friendship Festival on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at Orange City Christian School! Friendship Festival is day of fun games and activities to celebrate friendships between students of all abilities. This event is an opportunity for students with disabilities in grades K-8 at local CLC Network Member Schools to have a meaningful, shared experience with friends outside of the school building.
The 2019 theme is “Treasured”, taken from Deuteronomy 7:6, “The Lord your God has chosen you to be his own special treasure.” This verse reminds us that each student is treasured in the eyes of our Savior—we look forward to celebrating each student on this fun day!
Local Christian schools are excited about this opportunity to come together and celebrate friendships. Students, school staff, parents, and community members have already volunteered to help make this day memorable for all participants, but we welcome additional volunteers and sponsors.
We are looking for volunteers and sponsors for the following:
- Local parents to help with serving snacks and lunch
- Local photographer to capture photos of the event
- College students to assist the participants in moving from activity to activity.
- T-shirt Sponsor – Your support will underwrite t-shirts for all participants and will include your recognition on the t-shirt.
- Food Sponsor – Your support will underwrite lunch and snacks for all participants.
- Other opportunities may be available.
We hope you will join us in this celebratory event!
To participate as a volunteer or sponsor, please contact Linda Weemhoff, CLC Network teacher consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (712) 722-0777 x135.
If you’d like to give online, please go to our “Give” page and indicate “Friendship Festival Heartland” in the notes.